Tuesday, February 11, 2014

                                                           What I  want to learn !
When  Dr Maha asked us that question , I just wondered and asked myself who  are you Elham,  what do you want to do in your future and do you have a plan for it? WOW !
What I want to learn in future for what and why ?
so I have to reflect on myself in an insightful way  and think about the three words , learning unlearning and relearning .Over  the past two  years , we started this diploma , we challenged ourselves because on my behalf , I teach in  a public school and deal with ordinary students who are not rich enough even to have a smart phone . I deal with a huge number of students in my class everyday in a limited time. So, my goal was to find a better way to benefit my students by using technology . In this diploma, I learnt new things that I wish  I could use them with my class such as : blog , Glog, podcast,  how to make a video, how to change power point into video,  e- portfolio and I tried to make a web site. All of these are tools of technology that I learnt and used some of them with my students , however , I feel they are useless . I have an idea about them , it is me , and I just one of many who don't know what I'm talking about and they don't care. I think that is the problem , people don't want to change because they feel there is no hope in changing or future  .   

Fortunately,  I'm not like them , I have my dreams , goals and hopes.therefore ,here are my short term goals:

-How to use assessment in a better way
-How to make a rubric
-What is edmodo and how can I use it
Long term goals 
-How to select and use advanced technology resources as an expert 
-How to integrate what I learnt in my class
-How to help my colleagues in my school

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elham so nice to back to our blogs right?I believe Maha is making the better of us be refreshing our minds and souls by using the first thing we did and learned in this diploma.Elham don't feel useless because you are not and have courage and faith that one day the change you seek will happen believe me it will happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too, I like to be here also on my blog and I hope you will be right

    ReplyDelete